Total Medical Personnel Staffing is looking for a highly professional ER or Ortho Registered Nurse for a full-time placement indefinitely as a workers compensation liaison in the Tulsa, OK area. Ideal candidates will have recent ER or Ortho experience in a clinical setting and can teach and train as necessary with workers compensation. Our dedication to patient care has remained strong for over fifteen years.
Why You’ll Love This Job!
- Daily and vacation pay
- Opportunity to step away from working the floor
- Consistent balanced schedule; Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 5PM
- Positive, upbeat environment to help you as you pick up PRN or per diem shifts
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assesses and analyzes injured worker’s medical and vocational status
- Develops a progressive plan of care to facilitate medical recovery and progressive return to work
- Manages one-time task assignment or full field case management referral to meet with attending physician, injured worker and/or employer to clarify medical and/or vocational claim related information which could not be obtained through correspondence or telephonic attempts by claims team
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to provide ongoing case management services
- Acts as liaison for involved parties in the worker’s compensation injury by communicating in person and telephonically with the patient/caregiver, attorneys, employer, claims examiners, telephonic nurse case manager, return to work specialists, vocational rehabilitation supervisor, provider(s), ancillary provider(s) and health care team
- Monitors injured employee’s progress towards appropriately established outcomes through continued assessment and evaluation
- Coordinates necessary referrals, consultations, and therapeutic services for the injured employee
- Completes the interview process with the patient/caregiver in the home, worksite, ancillary location or physician’s office for current and ongoing assessments and evaluations
- Assists in the development of continued care plans as necessary to include patient education and prevention programs
- Testifies as needed to substantiate relevant case work or reports
- Confers with medical treating providers concerning the course of care and treatment per clinical guidelines
- Educates medical providers on appropriate disability and treatment guidelines as necessary.
- Researching workers compensation claims
- Advocating for patients filing such claims
Qualifications and Skills
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in Oklahoma
- Must be Oklahoma
- Must be compassionate
- Minimum of 1-year experience over the last 18 months in ER or Ortho clinic/ hospital setting REQUIRED
- Case management experience a plus but not a necessity
- Compensation: Depending on Experience
- Full Time-Clinic hours, excellent benefits
Don’t miss this opportunity to truly make a difference in people’s lives!
Equal Opportunity Employer