One of our clients is looking for several professional Licensed Practical Nurses who are comfortable working in a substance abuse or mental/ behavioral health facility.
Why You’ll Love This Job!
- Largest behavioral health care provider in Oklahoma
- Company mission truly makes an impact in the communities they serve
- Company culture focused on diversification and stability
- Central location easily accessible from any corner of the metro
- Company invests in cutting-edge technology to help you accomplish your goals
- Retirement plan, life insurance, and paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness and professional development opportunities available
- Several Full-Time positions available; Sat-Sun 7a-11p, Mon-Fri 7a-3p
- Responsible for providing medical psychiatric assistance to adult consumers with mental illness or co-occurring disorders
- Responsible for activities related to workflow processes
- Must maintain confidentiality of materials processed and demonstrate knowledge of co-occurring disorders and appropriate interventions
- Minimize the disabling effects of mental illness and substance abuse disorder and empower consumers to manage their health, prevent diseases and improve overall wellness by implementing health strategies
- Incorporate disease management models that address behavioral disorders
- Requires completion of LPN Program and current certification as an LPN in the State of Oklahoma.
- No previous experience is required; however, previous experience working with clients with mental illness and or substance abuse is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of professional LPN practice care techniques and medical procedures, medical supplies, sanitation and personal hygiene; and of nutrition.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and applying nursing care techniques working with clients with mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in exercising judgment, initiative self-control, patience in following detailed and or written instructions; and in maintaining a sympathetic and harmonious relationship with consumers with mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Must be able to lift and/or maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds.
- This position requires frequent repetitive motions to include but not limited to: bending, stooping, twisting, squatting, reaching, pulling and pushing.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for a minimum of 8 hours at a time during each shift.