Discover greater levels of performance. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S. and designs to expand internationally, Ulta Beauty is revolutionizing the beauty retail experience. With new stores coming online on a continual basis and the re-engineering of existing locations with the latest design and technological advancements for heightened guest experiences, we’re not just growing, we’re thriving. Through consistent innovation and a bold commitment to reimagination. If you want the opportunity to build something strategic, to take ownership of your career trajectory, to apply your passion to operational excellence, Ulta Beauty provides the kind of stability and support few organizations can match. So be curious. Be flexible. Be more than you thought possible. The future is yours at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE
The Regional Field Beauty Manager (RFBM) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers sales growth in services (hair, skin and brows) and retail (boutiques). The RFBM supports the Field Business Leaders (FBL), as well as Regional Vice President (RVP) and District Managers (DM), in educating and inspiring a store leadership team, as well as stylists and estheticians and boutique associates and is accountable for all aspects of the services business, including services and merchandise sales, events around hair, skin and brows, guest satisfaction, and operational excellence in the retail space. This leader drives their business through a focus on performance (services and merchandise sales), people (guest experience and development), and process (operating procedures and compliance standards). This position requires a drive for results, a passion for the beauty industry, exceptional guest service, the ability to lead and influence and the aptitude to demonstrate and teach leadership competency behaviors.
The RFBM is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Promote a culture of accountability to meet or exceed goals related to service (hair, skin, brow) and merchandise sales (Pro Hair, PCA, Prestige), and boutique sales (MAC, Benefit, Lancôme, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Chanel). Drive company profitability through operational excellence, top-line sales growth and expense control.
- Support the planning and execution of services events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience, drive brand partner collaboration and deliver on sales and payroll goals.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including services visits and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies using company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Clearly defining the work expectations and communicating to everyone for ensuring success in the achievement of business goals and facilitating an overall performance Improvement.
- Support in the attraction, hiring and retention of a diverse team of service professional top talent.
- Build a highly engaged FBL team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand through effective collaboration, open and honest two-way communication, prioritization of work and coaching to the behaviors that will drive guest loyalty.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an inclusive environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates and ensure attendance at all required training and educational programs and classes.
- Establish professional peer and brand partner relationships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on sales and service goals.
- Promote a culture of service excellence amongst the SDL team by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of the FBL team.
- Keeping the employees informed about their progress towards the achievement of goals and suggesting corrective actions for non-achievement of performance.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards, and compliance to the Infection Control Policy
- Use the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload, including product and marketing resets, pricing updates, inventory related tasks, cleaning, and replenishment.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by influencing the adoption of company initiatives and technology, communicating expectations, and ensuring the execution of all store tasks
- Deliver and react to all company communication
- Support Services Manager and General Manager in scheduling services associates to optimize traffic patterns and support services professionals’ productivity
- Support and create new initiative’s that can effectively move the business in the right direction.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant, fast-paced retail management work experience or other relevant work experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Demonstrated knowledge of state board of cosmetology regulations and hiring requirements
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture and executing merchandise directives.
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
Special Position Requirements
- 2 years multi-unit management experience
- Up to 75% travel
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on an occasional basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on an occasional basis
DISCLAIMER – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the execution of the Salon Legendary program which within the regions. Supports the Regional Vice President and District Manager in growing their salon business to meet or exceed salon financial metrics including; service revenue, average ticket, guest count, guest retention, rebooking, skin treatments, pro hair retail revenue (BTC), retention/turnover and contribution goals.
- Demonstrates business acumen, with a strong understanding of salon financial reporting and key business drivers and can identify opportunities for growth within own location and district.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of ULTA Salon Operations Development and Grand Opening training and has mentored other Salon Market Trainers on content and deliver these trainings in a consistent manner dictated by ULTA corporate training material.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks including: Planning, prioritization, and delegation.
- Demonstrates the ability to actively partner/contribute and create momentum while building trust and rapport with various levels of associates/leadership/organization.
- Strong verbal communication and facilitation skills; able to break information down into clear concise steps using various vehicles of communication including conference calls, email, team meetings, training sessions, and one-on-one coaching.
- Must be able to write business strategies, coaching programs, SPDM review and future operational modules in conjunction with the Salon Services team.
- Leads district/region execution of salon operations/business building initiatives to drive key performance indicators within timeline given.
- Conducts on boarding and training for District Managers, General Managers Salon Market Trainers and Salon Managers assimilate to the salon business.
- Demonstrates high standards for customer service and salon image standards, internal candidates would exemplify ULTA standards and consistently deliver ULTA Experience service model.
- Ability to facilitate training to various size audiences and coach operational salon skills to achieve results.
The pay range for this position is $98000.00 - $166300.00 / Year with the opportunity to earn additional compensation pursuant with the Company’s bonus plan. Exact pay will be based on factors including but not limited to relevant education qualifications certifications experience level shift geographic location and business and organizational needs. Visit our Benefits and Career Development page:https://careers.ulta.com/careers/about-us/benefits-and-career-development
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.