Experience something categorically different. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, a thriving digital ecosystem and a growth trajectory that’s put Wall Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides dynamic challenges for those who want to apply their financial acumen to ever-increasing levels of complexity. Professional ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving projects. Greater levels of impact. The ability to influence decisions and organizational direction. It’s all part of the daily experience of our Finance & Accounting associates.
If you want a collaborative environment where continual learning, career self-determination and trust are prioritized, where an engaged leadership provides deep levels of support and guidance, Ulta Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver greater levels of career satisfaction. Are you up for the challenge?
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Market Analyst will play an active role in the support of Ulta’s growth strategy program and assist the Director, Real Estate Market Research in providing insights and analytics around Ulta’s customers, competition, site attributes and market characteristics. The position will also be responsible for providing sales forecasts and location information to the Ulta Real Estate Committee to assist management in retail store site selection and the market development program.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Gathers data and location intelligence on proposed retail sites to collect primary market data. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of trade area boundaries and barriers, level and type of retail, site accessibility, traffic and road patterns, and competition.
- Compiles research results and recommendations from site analysis and presents findings at Ulta Real Estate Committee Meetings.
- Forecasts sales for proposed Ulta retail locations utilizing various forecasting methods. Provide forecasts to Real Estate Vice Presidents and Finance for analysis and use in Real Estate Committee packages.
- Prepares and organizes data necessary for familiarity with specific site and market including demographics, maps, customer spottings, Ulta store sales, and competitive summaries.
- Provides the Real Estate Vice Presidents and Store Operations with location and competitive information pertaining to specific sites and markets.
- Analyzes existing Ulta stores, including sales, profit history, and possible impact from new store openings.
- Reviews site projections by other analysts, as required. ]
- Create, present and maintain ad hoc projects applications for departments across the company.
- Maintains and awareness of developments in the site analysis, retail, and marketing research fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrates them into own practices.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Analytics, Marketing, Geography, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or related business degree
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Geographic Information Systems (required)
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Alteryx (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present information to senior leadership of Ulta
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Less than 5 years of work experience
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.