The role of the SRT/STOW Technician assists in the support, organize, and fulfill of the Single Retention Time blast freezer and STOW Automatic Storage and Retrieval System for the company. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the movement of products in and out of SRT and ASRS ensuring accountability of warehouse inventory. Tracks, monitors, and moves incoming/outgoing inventory. Prepares and stages items for internal order fulfillment and inbound loads for external production.
- Monitor the operation of the automatic storage and retrieval warehouses.
- Diagnose and communicate system issues with the Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS).
- Diagnose and communicate system issues with the Single Retention Time (SRT) blast freeze tunnel.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing established protocol to achieve maximum efficiency and utilization of the storage racks.
- Respond to and correct any problems within the SRT and ASRS systems, i.e., pallet jams, pallet tracking errors, elevator time-outs, etc.
- Assists in inventory management.
- Ensure high quality customer service.
- Verify shipments for accuracy and document discrepancies.
- Ensure any issues with shipment overages or shortages are handled.
- Ensure strict adherence to all USDA regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure workspace / warehouse is clean and organized.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance on warehouse equipment.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of shipping processes and best practices including the most efficient and cost-effective shipping methods.
- Strong logistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
- Ability to manage numerous competing demands in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to operate small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems.
- Ability to operate computers for data entry, word processing and/or accounting purposes.
- Familiar with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with a diversified group of people.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma; and one (1) or more years of ASRS warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
· None. Reports to SRT/STOW Supervisor.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands for typing, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is in a warehouse and office setting with comfortable temperatures and moderate noise levels.