Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The Pharmacy Buyer II has primary responsibility for managing the wholesale drug distribution procurement for our pharmacies and/or clinics. This co-worker also assists in the inventory management in overall drug purchasing and inventory control processes for the hospital, clinic and/or pharmacy. This co-worker maintains complete records and processes invoices in a timely manner. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalence exam.
- Licensure: Current State Technician license in good standing.
- Experience: 3 years of pharmacy experience required.
- Certifications: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy
- Technician Certification Board (PTCB) (obtained within 6 months of hire).
- Skills & Abilities:
- Possess sound knowledge of pharmacy activities and duties, drug terminology and nomenclature, and inventory management concepts.
- Possess good problem-solving skills, high ethical standards and the ability to work with others as well as develop the skills of others.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service attitude and skills.
- Demonstrates a positive work ethic, have strong leadership traits.
- Demonstrates reasonable keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrates a caring, friendly and professional approach in communicating with patients, families, visitors, and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to motivate and manage fellow employees in a positive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and accept responsibility as required. Self-motivated and able to work without constant supervision and direction.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 32 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.