Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Our digital guest experience is the defining strategic imperative of the E-Commerce, Front End team. The Lead UI Developer is responsible for planning, developing, and supporting the user interface layer of our large-scale, guest facing, web commerce applications and websites. You’ll work alongside business stakeholders, visual designers, UX architects, Java technical leads, QA analysts, and application architects in a collaborative environment to iteratively deliver solutions on time and on budget. You will leverage the latest front-end technologies, tools, and frameworks to produce UIs that push industry standards for accessibility, usability, and performance. We want someone who can not only develop amazing experiences, but also collaborate effectively with our award-winning Visual Design, User Experience, Development Operations, and Java Services teams.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THESE GOALS BY:
- Delivery Leadership - Must have experience leading groups of 2-8 UI Developers in an onshore/offshore model with agile delivery methods. Should have experience collaborating with enterprise UX standards and brand governance teams. Must be able to help translate business issues into detailed requirements, delivery plans, and graceful code that solves origin problems.
- Solution Development – In addition to mentoring junior members of the Front End team, participate with management to build out the Front End practice at Ulta, including (but not limited to) assessing/training vendor augmentation resources, improving estimation models, documenting solution practices, interviewing/hiring, API contract negotiation, and project level staffing decisions.
- Process/Tools Champion – Leverage field experience to research and install improvements to our delivery methodology as related to atomic/modular design integration, testing practices (Unit, End-to-End, BDD), API integration, front-end build tools, accessibility standards, security best practices, continuous integration procedures, error logging, performance optimization, and the like.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will have at least 8+ years of overall professional software development experience and recent team management experience of midsize in house and augmented/outsourced software teams. Additional requirements include:
- Expertise in ReactJS
- Expertise in Web Animation (CSS/JS)
- Expertise in Various Schema
- Frontend infrastructure experience (Webpack, Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Proficiency with TypeScript and current ECMAScript features.
- Strong exposure to collaborative engineering methodologies: agile, code reviews, linting, continuous integration, cloud deployments, etc.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong frontend web test automation experience.
- Previous experience working with Full Stack (Python Django, Ruby on Rails) (preferred)
- Previous software development experience using Java and JEE(preferred)
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Experience with Pluralvision/Flow Software team management skills
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
The pay range for this position is $98000.00 - $166300.00 / Year with the opportunity to earn additional compensation pursuant with the Company’s bonus plan. Exact pay will be based on factors including but not limited to relevant education qualifications certifications experience level shift geographic location and business and organizational needs. Visit our Benefits and Career Development page:https://careers.ulta.com/careers/about-us/benefits-and-career-development
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.